So its been quite a while since I really updated this thing. I haven't been good at keeping up my LJ either. Its alright though, there isn't much to really say anymore. I can't say that there is much drama to document anymore.
So, to date, Robert and Ashley will be going to AZ for 3 months or so. They've got most of everything set for Robert's bone marrow transplant. They're still quite the goofy ones. My dad actually does have cancer, since December, we didn't know exactly what it was. Its finally defined. Karalee and Todd had their second child, Elijah. He's a stud... a pretty big one haha. He was born with a cleft pallet . He's doing well though. Leelee and Todd went up to SLC and worked out things for him for the moment, Eli'll have to have a surgery when he's one. Elyssa is up at BYU-ID, I guess she's enjoying it. We've been on the phone a lot since then. She's actually coming back soon for a little bit which should shake this kind of slow pace here. Steve and Janelle ahve been doing their thing. I think they see the most of Ash and Robert besides the Ashwroth fam, than anyone else. Their kids are sooo goofy. Byron makes me want to tie him to a pole sometimes, and Taryn is just plane cute, she's finally letting me hold her without freaking out! And as for Brittany.. well, I haven't seen much of her. I wish I did.
Amanda is up in Reno at college with Jake. They're doing alright I believe. They came back this past week and we chilled like no other. It was quite fun!! It was a blast having Amanda around. For some reason, she's the one that kind of pulls all the others together to hang out. She's always filled with boy drama though. Kinda sucks really. Erik needs to get his face broken in. Amanda's found a guy name Marc and he's pretty rad from what I know, and she's diggin his treats hardcore. Jake is doing the same old thing with Alycia, although I think they've somehow progressed and then regressed. I think there are some ongoing bets to see if they're actually going to date date. Personally, I think it'll happen for a bit, but not for too long, unless Jake gets baptized. Alycia is just a goofball. Paula has been around for a while now, its fun having her around just because no one else is, and she's always down to hang out, even if we're doing something lame like driving around. Tosha just recently decided that she thinks I'm cool again. She was quite the odd one though, I took her shopping with Paula and I at the District to check out H&M, and well, she was all over me... quite the unusual thing really... she sure wanted to hold my hand a bit. I felt sort of uncomfortable holding her hand in front of Paula. I hope she doesn't take that seriously. Hmm.... Roomies are weird still... Tony and his band(s) have been fun to see every now and again. I miss Sean Gratrix though, I really should call him up.
Anyway, it was yesterday that marked the official submission of my missionary papers. Kind of crazy really, its been such a long time and I'm finally there... Its amazing... Honestly quite a miracle. There were points in the past 4 years where I thought that as much as I said I was going to go, I wasn't going to go. Those were some depressing, confusing times. Really though, its been in the back of my mind for quite a while and I guess it finally took over when the Spirit prompted Brother Chase and Brother Leavitt to come and visit with me. Sure I've always had a problem with debt, at one point, I was debt free (then the union crap came up). Its still just amazing to see how in the world I've reached this point. Really though, its quite an ego booster. Parts of me just want to shove it in certain people's faces because they really didn't think I was going to go. Beckstead family really... Sean likes to tell me a lot some times... I like that kid a lot, but still can't believe all the junk that happened with Brizzie and him. My mom is another one of those people. She's actually quite happy that I'm finally doing something. I don't exactly know how it'll work with the rest of the family, but it will work out. I'm a little bit scared of all that will be happening in the near future. My material items, well mostly my computer, are going to be out of date and most likely, sold. Penny is looking really good right now, and just got the windshield replaced. On the other hand, my bike runs now.... Thats simply amazing on its own. For some odd reason, I had a prompting to buy a new carb and spend some time installing it on the bike. Who knows, maybe this bike will serve a purpose for me later on.
There are so many things I need to work on before I go. I know that I'll never feel prepared, but I feel like I should try. Other things too though, I mean, I haven't been all that responsible at my own house for the past couple months. My laundry has been out of control lately, and I can't seem to get it all done and put away. I'll get it all done eventually. If I work at these things, everything WILL work out, even the smallest things, and I have faith that it will.
I can't say that I feel different, but I know that I think differently once again. I think it might be another stage that marks my progression and maturity.
Oh, and I still sleep on the same stupid futon. Really I think the best thing about going on a mission at this point, is that I'll have a better bed than what I'm sleeping on.
So, to date, Robert and Ashley will be going to AZ for 3 months or so. They've got most of everything set for Robert's bone marrow transplant. They're still quite the goofy ones. My dad actually does have cancer, since December, we didn't know exactly what it was. Its finally defined. Karalee and Todd had their second child, Elijah. He's a stud... a pretty big one haha. He was born with a cleft pallet . He's doing well though. Leelee and Todd went up to SLC and worked out things for him for the moment, Eli'll have to have a surgery when he's one. Elyssa is up at BYU-ID, I guess she's enjoying it. We've been on the phone a lot since then. She's actually coming back soon for a little bit which should shake this kind of slow pace here. Steve and Janelle ahve been doing their thing. I think they see the most of Ash and Robert besides the Ashwroth fam, than anyone else. Their kids are sooo goofy. Byron makes me want to tie him to a pole sometimes, and Taryn is just plane cute, she's finally letting me hold her without freaking out! And as for Brittany.. well, I haven't seen much of her. I wish I did.
Amanda is up in Reno at college with Jake. They're doing alright I believe. They came back this past week and we chilled like no other. It was quite fun!! It was a blast having Amanda around. For some reason, she's the one that kind of pulls all the others together to hang out. She's always filled with boy drama though. Kinda sucks really. Erik needs to get his face broken in. Amanda's found a guy name Marc and he's pretty rad from what I know, and she's diggin his treats hardcore. Jake is doing the same old thing with Alycia, although I think they've somehow progressed and then regressed. I think there are some ongoing bets to see if they're actually going to date date. Personally, I think it'll happen for a bit, but not for too long, unless Jake gets baptized. Alycia is just a goofball. Paula has been around for a while now, its fun having her around just because no one else is, and she's always down to hang out, even if we're doing something lame like driving around. Tosha just recently decided that she thinks I'm cool again. She was quite the odd one though, I took her shopping with Paula and I at the District to check out H&M, and well, she was all over me... quite the unusual thing really... she sure wanted to hold my hand a bit. I felt sort of uncomfortable holding her hand in front of Paula. I hope she doesn't take that seriously. Hmm.... Roomies are weird still... Tony and his band(s) have been fun to see every now and again. I miss Sean Gratrix though, I really should call him up.
Anyway, it was yesterday that marked the official submission of my missionary papers. Kind of crazy really, its been such a long time and I'm finally there... Its amazing... Honestly quite a miracle. There were points in the past 4 years where I thought that as much as I said I was going to go, I wasn't going to go. Those were some depressing, confusing times. Really though, its been in the back of my mind for quite a while and I guess it finally took over when the Spirit prompted Brother Chase and Brother Leavitt to come and visit with me. Sure I've always had a problem with debt, at one point, I was debt free (then the union crap came up). Its still just amazing to see how in the world I've reached this point. Really though, its quite an ego booster. Parts of me just want to shove it in certain people's faces because they really didn't think I was going to go. Beckstead family really... Sean likes to tell me a lot some times... I like that kid a lot, but still can't believe all the junk that happened with Brizzie and him. My mom is another one of those people. She's actually quite happy that I'm finally doing something. I don't exactly know how it'll work with the rest of the family, but it will work out. I'm a little bit scared of all that will be happening in the near future. My material items, well mostly my computer, are going to be out of date and most likely, sold. Penny is looking really good right now, and just got the windshield replaced. On the other hand, my bike runs now.... Thats simply amazing on its own. For some odd reason, I had a prompting to buy a new carb and spend some time installing it on the bike. Who knows, maybe this bike will serve a purpose for me later on.
There are so many things I need to work on before I go. I know that I'll never feel prepared, but I feel like I should try. Other things too though, I mean, I haven't been all that responsible at my own house for the past couple months. My laundry has been out of control lately, and I can't seem to get it all done and put away. I'll get it all done eventually. If I work at these things, everything WILL work out, even the smallest things, and I have faith that it will.
I can't say that I feel different, but I know that I think differently once again. I think it might be another stage that marks my progression and maturity.
Oh, and I still sleep on the same stupid futon. Really I think the best thing about going on a mission at this point, is that I'll have a better bed than what I'm sleeping on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home